Loading Dock Access
Loading Dock Access
Fine Food is running a scheduled move in and move out for any vehicles requiring access to the loading dock, this includes couriers, stand builders and any parties involved in the set up and pack down of your stand.
The schedule is managed by GEL Events, working together with the Fine Food team and the MCEC.
If you require access to the Loading Dock for any reason, you must book a time by contacting GEL Events or logging it in the GEL Events Logistics Request Form. Failure to book a move in or move out time will result in delays accessing the loading dock. Timeslots will be allocated based on the access date & time parameters as advised in the Move In Times.
Access to the MCEC loading dock is via a check point area located within an open-air carpark on the corner of Montague and Munro St, South Melbourne. Map details can be found here – Fine Food 2022 – Check Point Area. Do not present directly to the MCEC loading dock, you will be turned away.
ALL EXHIBITORS & CONTRACTORS PLEASE NOTE:
- Anyone attempting to access the loading dock prior to their allocated time will be directed to wait at the check point area until their allocated time. Any additional charges relating to vehicle wait times will be the responsibility of the exhibitor/stand builder.
- Anyone attempting to access the loading dock after your allocated time has passed or without being listed in the schedule will be advised to wait at the check point area until space on the loading dock becomes available. This may result in lengthy delays. Again, any additional charges relating to vehicle wait times will be the responsibility of the exhibitor/stand builder.
- Drivers who arrive at the loading dock or check point area without any knowledge of the access schedule, or, which exhibiting company/stand number they are delivering for, will be turned away.
- Parking is not permitted on the loading dock.
- Occupational Health & Safety regulations strictly prohibit children under the age of 15 from being on-site during the move in and move out. Safety vests must be worn on the loading dock and open toe shoes are not permitted during move in and move out.
- Hand carried items should be delivered via the car park located directly underneath the MCEC. Please note that no trolleys are allowed on the concourse at any time, however small trollies can be brought from the carpark via the lifts at Doors 1, 6 & 10 which provide access directly into the exhibition bays.
- No access will be permitted via the loading dock during the operational hours of the event, unless pre-arranged with the organiser.
A copy of the move in and move out schedule along with further details will be circulated closer to the show.