Alcohol Sampling

Alcohol Sampling

The MCEC has sole rights for the sale and distribution of any article of food or drink for consumption on-site.

Exhibitor’s wishing to sample wine, beer or spirits at any Diversified show in Melbourne must do the following:

Once all applications have been received these will be forwarded to Liquor Licensing Victoria. Applications must be submitted no later than 2 months out from the event. Exhibitors will be contacted if there are any queries.

Vigneron or Wine and Beer licences
Please note that exhibitors with a Vigneron or Wine and Beer Licence will still need to apply for a major events licence

Sample beverage sizes must be or less than: 

  • Non-alcoholic beverage – 50ml
  • Wine, beer and cider – 30ml
  • Liquor spirit – 10ml

RSA Certificates

Victorian Exhibitors
For a Victorian RSA qualification to be valid it must have been issued within the last 3 years. If your RSA was issued before 2017 you must complete a new RSA course.

Interstate Exhibitors and exhibitors who need to do a refresher course
Providing your RSA certificate has been issued in the past 3 years interstate exhibitors can complete an online refresher course to obtain a Victorian RSA by using the link below and following the directions:
• Access the RSA online refresher course website at
• When you successfully complete the course, print out your certificate of completion and submit with via the online manual

Please note: a Statement of Attainment for the Nationally Accredited training unit “Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol” (SITHFAB009A), (SITHFAB201) or (SITHFAB002) also meets the Victorian State requirements.

Incident Management

For all liquor related incidents (underage drinkers, visitors helping themselves to alcohol, aggressive behaviour, intoxication) please ensure all incidents are noted on the Incident Register located on your stand, and RSA Manager is contacted immediately.


All exhibitors will need to display a copy of their liquor licence on their stand at all times during the event and all relevant liquor licensing signage. All exhibitors will need to bring a quantity of the relevant liquor licensing signage on site for display on their stand.

Drunk and Disorderly Signage

Under 18 – No Supply Signage



Certificate of Temporary Food Registration
All exhibitors sampling food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) must have a temporary food registration within the State of Victoria. Registrations are valid across all Victorian municipalities annually. To obtain a Temporary Food Registration please do the following:
• Log onto Streatrader via
• Register your food premises by clicking on “Apply for a new registration/notification” and completing the form
• For interstate or international exhibitors, please register your business under the council where the event will take place, which is City of Melbourne.

Businesses that are already registered with a council in Victoria do not need to do this step.

Statement of Trade
Once you have lodged your registration, or for those exhibitors who already have a registration, you will need to lodge a Statement of Trade notifying your council that you will be operating a temporary premise. To do this please do the following:
• Log onto Streatrader via
• Lodge a Statement of Trade by clicking on “Lodge a Statement of Trade” and completing the form

All Statement of Trade forms must be submitted no later than 5 days out from the show. For more detailed information regarding these regulations, contact Streatrader via the website:, tel: 1300 085 767 or your Local Council if located in Victoria.

Exhibitors sampling alcoholic products are responsible for adhering to Government regulations and responsible service of alcohol guidelines. Staff working on the stand must also be aware of and abide by these regulations at all times.